Monday, September 04, 2006

Back to the Basics.

August was a total crap-shoot. September has started, and every night I go to bed thinking of all the ways i can kickstart my motivation again, and every morning I wake up all geared up for a brand new start, but It seems SOOO much harder to do now. I know that it is all a mind game. If I tell myself Im going to do it, and if i DO do it, its easier to continue to do it. The trouble lies in finding the mmmff again to go COMPLETELY junk food free.

I can't blame it on the boys anymore. They may have destracted me and threw me OFF my wagon, but there is only one person keeping me from getting back on, and the girl wishes to God she looked like a pin-up girl (thats me).

I have to grab the bull by the horns.

Last night was terrible.. a girls night was in process and so was the consumption of calories galore, as all girls nights bring. I dont' WANT to be the one that finds so much comfort in food any more!! ughh!!

But today, I ate a peach, and a small whole grain roll toasted with margarine. I drank some water, not enough, but some.. and then later i went to tokyo express and had a bento box (which does NOT pass for healthy food.. I KNEW I should have had the pita)
To top my night off however, I did call up sean and we went for about a 2 hour walk with running periods. It felt really good to get my heart rate up. I have to give myself props for not ENTIRLY giving up and for having the courage to grab at straws and continue reaching out for help, continuing to attempt the healthy eating and exercising, and continuing to see light at the end of my very FAT tunnel. I also am keeping up with this bootylicious blog. Im glad that I have a place I can come to to celebrate my accomplishments and also vent my frustration and failures too. I have to come to the realization that in the journey towards losing 100lbs, there are GOING to be times like these where I need to get back on track. I can't be perfect all the time. and hey, I am DOWN 20-25 LBS (depending on the time of day i weigh myself) and THAT is a HUGE accomplishment.

I need to get back to the basics. I need to cut my portion sizes down again. I need to encorporate more veggies and fruit. I need to do more of my own cooking. And I need to STRICTLY make exercise a PRIORITY.

I know I can do this. I know I can. It is GOING TO HAPPEN. End of story.

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Hi, found you through 3fc and just wanted you to know that you're not alone. Food is an addiction that has consumed me my entire life, and always will. Lots of times it just pisses me off that this has to be my stupid vice, other times I guess I'm grateful that it's not something worse. Either way, it sucks and I'm sick of it, but it is our reality regardless. Good luck to you, I know how hard this is.

Beverly

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home