Saturday, July 01, 2006

I'd like to thank the Academy...

HOOOLLLAAAAAAA!! WHOOOT WHOOOOOOOOT!!
Thats rigtht ladies and gents... the date is OFFICIALLY JULY 1ST!!
U know what THAT means?!? I have made it ONE FULL MONTH!!!!!

This has never happened in the history of failed attempts of Bonnie!

I need to take this moment to seriously aknowledge the accomplishments I have made thus far in my journey to "becoming bootylicious"

1. I successfully have stayed away from "fast food" for one month. Not including salads and healthy choices like extreme pita and subway, I have rid my diet of greasy mcodonalds fries, and have succeeded in cold -turkeying my addiction to big mac meals. (I am not in the clear from that place yet) but i HAVE managed to stay away from it for the whole month!
2. I have taken the stairs at least once every shift at work (all exept one shift because I had bronchitis.) The stairs have gotten slighty easier, but are still a challenge for me. Nevertheless, I consider them my friend, and am much more willing to take them now.
3. I have purchased a bike and gotten used to riding it! (although I do still long for a donut to sit on after some rides.)
4. I have swam my "full half hour of laps" on several occasions. I have made friends with the pool again. (OH how i've missed you)
5. I have BEGUN JOGGING!! That, AND, i have adopted a jogging buddy in Dana. We will be jogging in the river valley in no-time.
6. I have mastered the 2litres of water every day!
7. I have let pretty much everyone in my life know what im doing, to gain full support and to encourage myself to keep going!
8. I am stronger.
9. I can withstand more exercise for longer periods.
10. My thighs are stronger and hold out for longer (when dancing etc... FEELS GOOOD)
11. My clothes are fitting much looser, I can tell Im going down a size or two..
12. I am more energetic.
13. I am DEFINITELY HAPPIER... not so weepy and emotional.
14. I am more confident.
15. I am more willing to try new things.
16. My blood pressure has gone from 140/84 to 116/88
17. I am 11 lbs lighter than my heaviest weight.
18. I am getting compliments on my thinning figure.
19. I am feeling sexier.
and 20. today I bought my first set of clothes at OLD NAVY... (a non-plus-size store!!) Unfortunately.. I am only fitting into a size 20 at old navy.. but an 18 everywhere else (i swear that their size 20 is really an 18) and also.. i used to SQUEEEEZE into their XXL shirts. NOW... their XXL shirts are TOO BIG! And I purchased 5 XL shirts. (i know a bit excessive but im going to vancouver.. need something to wear.) Regardless.. its a regular-person-sized-STORE!!!
happy dance** happy dance...**


I have to set a new set of goals for the month of JULY.

1. I will walk/run at least 3 times per week.
2. I will swim Once per week (provided I have a car.. working on that)
3. I will continue to ride my bike to work as well as take the stairs at work.
4. I will continue to drink 2 Litres of water per day.
5. I will take up one new type of exercise this month (yoga, turbo-jam, aerobics, SOMETHING.)

TARGET: To be fitting a size 18 pant at Old Navy by the end of july.


Tonight I was at a club dancing my booty off.. and I realized.. this feels sooo incredible. to be able to move, to dance, to feel confident, to GET compliments, to know what I have acheieved, to have worked hard for it, to DESERVE it, to love myself to start to see potential for a NEW life. This feels soooo incredible. The other night when I ate that greasy pizza... that felt like shit. There is absolutely NO comparison between the two. I am starting to GET that food can NOT control me anymore. It feel so powerful to be able to control what goes in my mouth, and to be PROUD of knowing that I am getting healthier and healthier, and in the process I am getting a WHOLE NEW LIFE.

Keep going Bonnie!!! Get-er-done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home