Friday, June 23, 2006

My Lovely Lady Lumps... check it out...

Today was probably my most off day since I started. I didn't eat too healthy. First of all I slept in till noon. So i got up... had one of those oatmeal in a bar things... and a cup of raspberry apple sauce. (we are in a state of emergency with our groceries at the moment .. so im kinda picking at scraps. so I figured... that was good... after all im not active i just sat and watched days of our lives... so a little later i had an orange. Meanwhile im workin on my first litre of water. So far .. so good right? well THEN... I was sooo in the snacking mood and there were these little chocolate rock candies that we have stored away. So i had a few of those ... then my brother in law came home with a sub and a bag of chips. He left to do some errands and the chips were stairing right at me and got the better of me .. (i only had a handful tho i swear..it COULD have been waaay worse.) all this snacking and being so frustrated with my lack of motivation caused me to get into the "i dont' care" mode so i made myself two hot dogs at around... 3pm. Ugh... i so shouldnt' have given in.. but damn they were good. Then... I did a couple hours worth of housework and tried to dance around and re-motivate myself. My mom stopped over and i was so glad to see her cuz i know i can talk to her about anything. I told her how down i was feelign and what a failure i felt like.. and she gave me some good cheering up and support. She also had brought me over a fitness magazine called "shape".. it was good to get my mind off the fact that all i wanted to do was snack. Ugh...

Then around 6ish my sister and her hubby were home and decided to cook a frozen pizza. Not the best choice but as stated above, we are desperately in need of a trip to the grocery store. So i had two medium sized pieces of this pepperoni pizza, and i added fresh pineapple on top. As if that wasn't enough damage for the evening, my sister and I were getting ready for our bbq tomorrow so we were cutting up tomatoes, onions and lettuce and preparing everything ahead of time. So she decides to open a bag of chips. they weren't even my favourite (salt and vinigar) they were dill pickle which i only moderately like, but alas, my munchies got the better of me and i had a few. I probably had about 10 chips. However, this was at like 9:30 pm. I knew somethign had to be done. I had to kickstart my motivation.

So i called up my best friend who lives a few blocks from me and told him in no uncertain terms that we were going for a walk. STAT. As we walked down to a nearby lake that we always go to.. i decided i would try jogging (it was more to prove to him that i really can't jog for very long.) I jogged probably for about 30 seconds, no joke... and i was sooo out of breath. I told him that My goal is by the end of the summer to be able to jog around the lake. After walking him back to his condo i decided to jog some more. So i jogged for a bit, then walked, then jogged some more, then walked.. the whole way home. This TOTALLY got my heart rate up.. and felt sooo good. even tho it was harder than a banchee.

So.. i decided on my walk home that because today was not a great day, I am going to start again like tomorrow is day one. Even though tomorrow is actaully DAY 24!!! I am going to approach it like i have renewed motivation.. and that tomorrow will kick off another long stretch of nothing-but-healthy way of life.


Tomorrow will be another challenge to try to steer towards the healthy food at the bbq. I will have a hamburger. But I will load it with veggies and i will eat only fruit as a side. and maybe some spinach salad. Remember the healthy cooking nurse bonnie. Remember the healthy cooking nurse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becoming Bootylicious said...

Hey Cassie thanks soo much! I try to write in it often, and I love when people who know what im talking about can read and comment. Thanks so much!!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home