Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Top of the World

Today was a little triumph for me. For the third day in a row, i went walking in the river valley. But today was a bit different because i pushed myself quite a bit. Actually, someone special pushed me quite a bit. Im lucky to have him because he knows exactly where to push me, what im capable of.. and what is just too much.
Today I climbed the LOOONG staircase by fox drive. Then, i walked a mostly down-hill path all the way back down the incline. Just when I thought I was done, my partner in crime decided to challenge me to "hike" up the side of the hill... Now for someone who never hikes.. it WAS quite the hike. although not very far, it still was really hard. I would not normally have looked at that incline and thought that i could ever do it. But i DID! he was behind me the whole way encouraging me, and i kept thinking in my head : you SAID you wanted to hike.. so just START! and by the time i got to the top, although i was exhausted and my legs were burning, i was sooo proud of myself!! then i came back down the long stair case again. But before i descended, looking down and seeing how far i had come up, felt like i was on top of the world. I can't imagine how much BETTER it must feel to actaully climb a real mountain! There were other ppl there who were running up the staircase and who had ..shall we say NICE derriers.... and i just KNOW that i can be that one day. And one day soon! I can and I will. thats it.

HERES to ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home