Monday, June 05, 2006

Greetings from my hungry tummy

Today was a grrrreeeat day! I have a couple of accomplishments I want to aknowledge. First of all, I ate super healthy today, PLUS I managed to drink well over 2Litres of water today -- I swear it was even a bit over 3-- not that im going crazy and expect to drink that much every day, just today it happened. And as you may have guessed I spent what seemed like half the day peeing.
Ok... SO.. my other accomplishment was as follows: I vowed to take the stairs at work each time i work. Now, going up 7 flights of stairs (8 when im in the basement and coming back up from supper) may seem like an every day thing for most people. Not I. The first time I did it, my co-worker Nancy dragged me with her and we took a break on the 4th floor because I badly needed one. By the time I reached the top they almost needed to call the code team. Just Kidding (nursing joke). However, today Nancy and I went up the stairs again together and not only did I NOT need a break, I talked pretty much the entire time. Sure I was a bit SOB (short of breath-- again, nursing term) when I reached the top but I did not feel one step away from a code blue.. IN FACT.. I continued my conversation after reaching the 7th floor. Many of you might be thinking that its not the biggest accomplishment, but I asure you, it is. Not only that, but I haven't taken the stairs in a while, so this was a cold turkey stair adventure. Im so proud of myself. It felt good too that Nancy noticed how much better I did... and she said so and THAT felt great. I have a friend at work she is a unit clerk. She lost 50lbs in the last year so I am using her for support and she really IS such an inspiration. She's so gorgeous and I am dying to know what I would look like minus the weight I want to lose. Scratch that-- am GOING to lose.

Also, tonight... a friend of mine... AKA the devil ... tried to push a plate of fries on me at about 1am as we went out for coffee after work. I steadfastly refused the plate.. although my stomach and my eyes were saying .... eat those fucking fries they are sooo good. But ... yay for me I refused and did so successfully!

When I am hungry I feel it is SOOOO easy for me to "fall off the wagon" and give in to my cravings. These times are usually either at 3-4pm (after work) or midnight (after work). I have to seriously destract myself to avoid going to get fast food. So these are my weak times and I need to be aware of them. I need to create strategies to get through my weak times. Tonight it was a miracle of GOD that i didn't eat those fries, because it was at my PEAK weak time, and i was sooo hungry. But ... tonight I will go to bed on that hungry stomach and feel great in the morning.
***DON'T WORRY TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE AT THIS POINT THINKING: THIS GIRL IS STARVING HERSELF***
Please, do you really think I have the willpower to stay away from food alltogether? Not going to happen. The devil friend mentioned above (really he is one of the most caring.. good-natured people I know) specifically said to me tonight ..."If I find out that you are starving yourself or putting your finger down your throat, Im taking you out to my dad's place.. no.. YOUR DADS PLACE and we're slattering a steer and we are going to fry it up and eat the whole thing.".... hahahahaha lmao... I love how much my friends care.

When I lose my weight these are some of the things I will do:
1. Buy a new wardrobe.
2. Go horse-back riding.
3. Take hip hop dance lessons... (or just dance a helluva lot more)
4. Take ballroom dancing lessons.
5. Go skydiving
6. Take scuba diving lessons
7. Start hiking
8. Run a marathon (or at least take up running)
9. Go to a nude beach
10. Try surfing (again.)
11. Take yoga
12. Wear a two-piece
13. Go to the water park and FEEL GOOD.
14. Get a full body massage.
15. Go houseboating on the shushwaps...(spelling?)
16. Go downhill skiiing
17. Learn to snowboard
18. Learn to waterski
19. Take up tennis
20. Go white water rafting!!!

... Plus a whole shit-load more which im sure i'll think of as I'm trying to fall asleep.

Sweet dreams to me!! Say goodnight hungry tummy .... "goodnight!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home