Saturday, June 03, 2006

My first Baby-Step

The time has come. After spending the last several nights searching through inspirational weight-loss blogs and success stories, I have decided that I too must make my own confessions. I am going to write in this blog as often as possible, and I haven't decided yet if I will share it with my friends and family. This truly is a personal struggle of mine, and yet a part of me does want to shout it from the roof tops. I want everyone to know that I've been living a lie. I am not who everyone thinks I am. My biggest turn off is people who misrepresent themselves, but I feel as though every day I live I am misrepresenting myself. I am fooling everyone; I am even fooling myself, as I have not even given myself a chance to get to know the real me.

I am 22 years old. The date today is June 4, 2006. I am overweight. I am more than overweight. Im VERY overweight. The last time I weighed myself I weighed... sigh... 242 lbs. I am 5'4".
I am so incredibly sick of being the fat girl. Im so incredibly sick of my weight being an issue in my life. Holding me back from nearly EVERYTHING i've ever wanted to do. I don't get to grow and change and experience new things like others. I am constantly holding myself back because of my weight.

This blog is going to be a very personal account of my journey to becoming BOOTYLICIOUS. I began on june 1st, that is, I began eating healthy and taking walks at night. My family is planning a trip to mexico in the winter of 2007/08, and my goal is to wear a two piece bathing suit on that trip.

I have about 100lbs to lose. I know this will be an incredibly long and tough journey, but I have no other choice.

I have another blog but I rarely write in it because its public and because all I ever want to talk about these days is how i hate my looks and how badly I want to change them.

So I guess I have to start with some small goals, and here they are:

Short Term:
1. For the entire month of June I will eliminate fast food from my diet.
2. I will walk at least 3 times per week, minimum of 20 minutes each time
3. I will perform pilates at least once per week
4. I will drink 2 Litres of water per day
5. I will take the stairs at work at least once per shift.

Long Term
1. By the end of August I will be wearing a size 18 comfortably and fitting a size 16. (I am now a size 20)
2. By the end of august I will be jogging for at least some of my walks

If anyone has ANY advice, support, comments, encouragement etc, I truly truly need them.

Also, this blog is mine entirely. I will be honest. I will vent my frustrations. I will be exposing myself emotionally, so if anyone has a problem with that, move right along.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home