Sunday, June 04, 2006

Motivation!!!

So here I am, day 4 of my journey to "becoming bootylicious."
Last night was a bit of a test for me but I succeeded! I was at a BBQ for a friend of mine and managed to avoid the alcoholic drinks which I know contain large amounts of calories, so I filled up on water instead. I drank sooo much water yesterday... which reminds me I should be drinking now.. one sec...

Ok.. got my pint glass full here.. now where was I: oh yes. So I read on one of these inspirational sights the "no touch" technique when at a buffet. This sounds like a nursing term we use (oh yea forgot to mention I am a nurse) when we change dressings to keep the area sterile! But no, the "no touch" technique for eating at a buffet is to take what you want from the buffet, but make sure that none of the food on your plate is touching the other food. This ensures that you take smaller portions, but dont' deprive yourself of the items you really want. So there I was, in line for the food... I did have a burger but i didn't put cheese on it: only ketchup and mustard. The rest of the food were salads. So I took the lettuce salads first, then a bit of the pasta salad and then a weee bit of the potatoe salad which is the most fattening. (How could I resist-- my MOM brought the potatoe salad and she makes the best!) I also filled my plate with raw brocoli and cauliflower from the veggie platter and managed to avoid the chip bowls. To top it off, I didn't even go back for seconds! (and i almost alwasy do.) Instead, I just drank more water... and more water... and more water. Until... i was so full that i FELT like i totally overate but i knew i hadn't, and THAT was so satisfying.
A negative from last night is I did continue to have to stare at my own reflection in the windows and i HATED IT. My reflection is enough to make me sick these days. I get really really down especially in social settings when I have to see myself in a mirror or in reflections. This is really unfortunate because I know that the REAL me is totally energetic, confident, outgoing, and would be the life of the party. But instead I end up being a wall flower most of the time because I hate the way I look. But despite my downness last night, all I could think about is how I am GOING TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. And how I have no other choice, and that it really IS possible. The more I read about success stories the more I know I can do it and how in reach it is. After all, I just read about a guy named Tommy McGruder who lost 890 lbs!! Of course, he did have stomach stapling, but I can't imagine how hopeless he felt, and if he can reclaim his life that so can I.
I wish there was a way I could post my blog on a weight-loss site or something.. if anyone knows a way I can do that, please let me know.. I really need feedback and encouraging comments.

I have to go to work today.. an evening shift. My goal today is to take the stairs at least once (thats up 7 flights)... I have done it before so I know its possible, lol.

I really wish i could have links on the side of my page where I could include an eating diary, reasons for losing the weight, and other things ... if anyone knows how to rig that up... please let me know.

I WILL BE BOOTYLICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i can i think i can i think i can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home